Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 6- Knot Maul- 13.9 Miles

Day 6 13.9 miles Knot Maul Shelter

We headed out of Atkins around 11:30 with 13.9 miles on the docket for the day. Overall it was pretty nice hiking conditions, just a little rain here and there with no downpours. We were lucky enough to have trail magic again today. Some generous folks left some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches along with some orange soda and little debbies, Catz's favorite. Also while heading out of Atkins today, we came across a note the Carney's had left for me on the side of the road. Thank you very much Carney's, the note was extremely nice and seeing my name on a note on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere almost caused me to fall over. When Mike and I saw it, we really didn't think it was real at first.
Couldn't believe my eyes, thanks again Carneys

Perfect hiking conditions

Mean mugging


PB&J's

No comments:

Post a Comment