Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 41-Leaving D.C. Rocky Run Shelter-15.4 Miles

Day 41-Leaving D.C. Rocky Run Shelter-15.4 Miles

It was back to the trail for us today after 2 exhausting days in Washington D.C. I think we saw pretty much everything you could see there so it was time to get back to hiking. Bill agreed to drive us back to Harpers Ferry, which once again was way out of his way. Thank you for everything Bill, you are too kind. After a quick run to the store, we headed to Harpers Ferry and hit the trail. It was very easy going most of the day and a pretty nice day for hiking. The day ended even better because who did we see when we walked up to the shelter? Cade and Riley who we thought might have gone ahead but ended staying in Harpers Ferry with a friend. Its always great to walk up to shelters and have friends there.

1,011 miles down, 1,165 miles to go


See ya Harpers Ferry



3 comments:

  1. I hope you got your wallet and phone gave it to a guy (Wyoming) who said he would definitely see you two again and knew who you were. Sorry you left it mike. I was worried sick about it but the guy assured me it would get back to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Wyoming booked it and caught up with us and returned my wallet and phone. I was worried, but I realized the only place I could of left it was with y'all, and knew it was in good hands. Thank you for everything y'all did for us, it was a real boost. We are in Hamburg, PA now, about 60 miles north from where we met. Hope all is well. Your a savior haha.

      Delete
    2. Oh I am so relieved you don't know how much anguished it caused me. We hiked about two miles looking for one of you and realized it was just too late. Tried to call on your phone for mom but of course couldn't get past the code. I was so relieved when Wyoming told us that it would be alright he would get it to you. I will be checking your progress on the blog!! Boy you guys made it far in such a short time!

      Delete